Technology Meets Education
About the Event
TCCA (in partnership with TCEA) is a grassroots organization started seven years ago by a core group of Technology Specialists (now called Instructional Technology Specialists) in Aldine ISD. Through the years of growth, the TCCA committee has been able to increase attendance at the conference every year by 500 or more. We have approached this growth with a simple creed, “Create It, and They Will Come”. TCCA is the only FREE technology and curriculum conference in the Houston area that takes place on a non-school day and is not just available for teachers but other staff as well such as administrators and librarians. The conference provides sessions in technology integration for teachers of all ages and subjects. This enables us to engage both teachers and administrators by providing a service that is in high demand. TCCA 2017 is again being held at B. O. Davis Sr. High School. This is a state of the art facility designed to hold upwards of 3000 people.
- TCCA 2016 had over 2400 people in attendance on October 21, 2016.
- 40% of all attendees were from other districts besides Aldine
- 73 Different school districts, 40 private schools, 10 universities, and 1 home school were represented at TCCA 2016.
- There were district technology representatives from ALL major local districts, including Tomball ISD, Cy Fair ISD, Aldine ISD, Fort Bend ISD, Houston ISD and Spring Branch ISD.
- Our mobile app had a total of 3,002 users
- Over 2200 lunches were served during TCCA 2016.
- With the help of our sponsors and vendors over $15,000 in door prizes were distributed.
- TCEA Region IV has partnered with TCCA and is actively involved in the planning and preparation of this year’s event.
- 95% of those who responded to the event survey indicated they would return for TCCA 2016
- Nearly 100% of those surveyed indicated they felt TCCA 2016 was a worthwhile event.